Do you have an awesome attitude, love helping people, and want to help the planet?
If you said yes to all three, then we want to meet you! We are always interested in hearing from talented people that may fit our future needs. Scroll down to see current position openings.
Before we ask you to tell us about yourself, it is only fair that we tell you a bit about us, right? First, we are the only environmentally focused community credit union in Wisconsin. We make most of the electricity we use with our rooftop solar array. We have actually gone beyond carbon neutral status by offsetting more carbon than our operations produce. We also operate as a “zero waste” facility according to the EPA guidelines. That means we divert more than 90% of our waste away from landfills through our recycling and composting efforts. We have done all that (and more) while being one of the top performing credit unions in the Fox Valley. Check out the rest of our website and our Facebook page to find out more about us.
So what is in it for you? Obviously we have the basics like great starting pay, paid time off (even for part time employees), and ongoing training and coaching. But we offer way more than the basics. Do you like good food? The credit union participates in a local organic CSA that the employees share. Do you like puppies? Who doesn’t, right? We hold monthly pet adoption events right at the credit union. Do you like to be involved in the community? We reward our teammates for volunteering their time with local organizations. Cool, right? These are just a few examples; we are always looking for new and fun ways to make Evergreen Credit Union more than just a job for our teammates.
Evergreen Credit Union is an equal employment opportunity employer.
If you are awesome and have a desire to help people while helping the environment, please email your resume and cover letter to us so we can find out more about you.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Evergreen Credit Union Team!
Evergreen Credit Union is seeking a tree-hugging, dirt-worshipping, environmentalist-at-heart to join our team. If you have an exuberant personality and possess the motivation to develop and incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Evergreen Credit Union is seeking a full-time (32-40 hours per week) Sustainability Manager to lead our team on our mission to be recognized as the most environmentally sustainable credit union in the nation. This role will continue to develop and implement the credit union’s sustainability program. This person will also serve as the sustainability ambassador for the credit union in the community, to our members, and to our team. This is a key position that will play a large part in the success and growth of Evergreen Credit Union over the coming years.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop, plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and implement the credit union’s sustainability program.
- Provide action plans, goals, and targets to achieve set sustainability goals.
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of sustainability projects to the President and the Board of Directors monthly.
- Be the visible ambassador for ECU’s sustainability mission in the community.
- Attend events on behalf of the credit union during non-customary business hours.
- Work with marketing to ensure a positive public view of ECU.
- Host informational seminars for credit union members.
- Investigate and complete necessary documentation for environmental and social wellness certifications.
- Write policies and procedures relating to ECU’s sustainability mission.
- Provide frequent training of staff on new processes/procedures.
- Project management; including preliminary and ongoing vendor due diligence.
- Provide input and ideas to marketing to help bring awareness to the credit union’s mission.
- Attend ongoing training to advance personal knowledge of new and existing environmental issues.
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree. Environmental and sustainability management fields are preferred.
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience (sustainability, project management, etc.).
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- A proven track record of project management, team building, and networking.
- Ability to motivate others (including those that may be resistant to change/new ideas).
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of the financial industry is helpful, but not required.
Please email your resume and cover letter for consideration.